You will need records of income earned in the year before when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents´ income information if you are a dependent student. Also check with the school(s) you plan to attend to see if they have any specific requirements.
Print a copy of this page and carry with you:
For the 2010-2011 school year you will need financial information from 2009. You will need to refer to:
1. Your Social Security Number. Be sure it is correct! 🙂
2. Your driver’s license (if any)
3. Your 2009 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
4. Your (and your spouse´s, if you are married) 2009 Federal Income Tax Return
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
- Foreign Tax Return, or
- Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
5. Your Parents´ 2009 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
6. Your 2009 untaxed income records
- Veterans noneducation benefit records
- Child support received
- Worker’s compensation
7. Your current bank statements
8. Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
9. Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen
Gather all this together and put it in a file folder, title it: “FAFSA.” Then you have it all with you and no need to re-create documents you don’t need to. Next, complete the Web FAFSA Worksheet first…To organize your information, print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet @ http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/fafsaws01bw.pdf before you begin entering your information online.
Be sure to visit www.fafsa.gov for more important information.
KNOW YOUR DEADLINES! IT COULD MEAN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS LOST.
Wishing you the best success,