My main goal here tonight is to provide all of you with a list of the posts I made regarding college financing. This is open and available for everyone, no matter your age or status in school. There is money available, but you have to be creative and organized with what you need regarding paying for college.
You shouldn’t go bankrupt to go to college. So, there are two groups here. The first is a list of blog posts I’ve made in the past several months that I’ve noticed the most hits on, as well as some pretty great comments! This is a huge thing with you isn’t it? I’m sure for many of you financing to go to college might be one of the main reason you’re not in college. That’s not a very good reason. There’s always a way to pay for college. But you have to put in the effort.
These sites I provide below does not contain everything, so although most of this that I provide you in necessary and will help you, but think outside the box relative to other ways of financing and do some research and questioning about other financing opportunities like scholarships.
Which brings me to the second listing. Scholarship websites and how-to’s:
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION/ADVICE:
1. Read my latest post on “The realities of college tuition and financial aid” which helps you with general terminology and the rise in tuition and comparison among schools.
These others next several specifically focus on financial aid, grants and loans…
4. More in formation of what you need to know and put together regarding any form of financing for school.
5. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. get used to it…as there will plenty more deadline requirements in life.
Now for the scholarship information necessary for you to take advantage of all that is out there. You owe it to yourselves! Apply, apply, apply! There are millions of dollars available and some of it is not awarded because nobody applies for them!
1. Yes, there are those crrraaaaazzzzzzyy scholarships out there!
2. I did some additional research on the listed scholarship websites I found to make sure they’re legit. They are, and there is some good possibilities for all of you, if you just give it a try.
3. Before applying for these scholarships, you need to make sure you have your ducks in a row, and have all the necessary information together before applying. One little mistake could cost you thousands of dollars.
4. I also put together some tips and recommendations on properly applying for the actual scholarships, and things to consider when applying.
5. One key element to keep in mind is that many scholarships fall into certain categories. Categories based on academics, athletics and so on. Check out this post to see where you might get the most benefit.
It takes some work. But the way I look at it, if you’re at the computer a lot, focus some of that time on financial aid research for college. Take 1 hour to do research and once focused on just that, you will find a number of opportunities. Just follow this list and you will have all you need!
Please share with me anything you’ve found so we can share with all other readers!
Your Success is My Success,
Keith Lipke is a careers and college recruiter, coach, mentor and blogger at The Hope Chest. His passion is to educate, inspire, and give hope to young people along their journey who need it upon their search for the right career.